To make an appointment, please phone:
Cindy McNeely, M.T.
11 Downes Ave.
Toronto cell: 416-803-7092
Pregnancy Massage is provided by using a variety of techniques such as Swedish Massage, Joint Play, Trigger Point Therapy, Breathing & Visualization Education, and suggestions for Self-Care at home.
We focus on meeting the therapeutic needs of the pregnant woman as she goes through the physical and emotional changes related to the childbearing experience.
Benefits of Massage Therapy for Pregnancy:
- Relieves stress and promotes relaxation
- Relieves muscle spasms, cramping, and myofascial pain
- Relieves headache discomfort
- Increases circulation of blood and lymph
- Relieves stress on weight-bearing joints
- Provides emotional support and nurturing touch
- Includes an ongoing educational exchange about the process of relaxation, breathing, and visualisation which helps facilitate the clients' response during the labour process
Massage Therapy for Higher Risk Pregnancy
Massage Therapy can be altered to meet the needs of a woman experiencing higher risks or complications in pregnancy.
- Registered Massage Therapists work in consultation with primary healthcare providers.
- Any Massage Therapist working with women who are considered to be High Risk should have specialised training in working with such clients.
- Massage Therapists should have a clear understanding of the contraindications to Massage Therapy relative to the particular condition of the client.